If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~Paul McCartney

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vegetarian Mince - Yay or Nay?

I picked up this packet of organic vegetarian mince a few months ago (doesn't expire for over a year anyway) and finally decided to cook it up the other night into a bolognaise sauce. 


I thought that it is only fair I do this blog to be honest and let you know that some vege supplements are complete crapola!


Okay this stuff is easy to cook, compared to real mince, you don't need to defrost it, you just pull it out of the cupboard and basically just add it to your meal. Simple.


It really is the taste that is the let down. It tastes like NOTHING. This just felt like an unusual texture in my mouth that had no flavors and just felt purely fake.


I am all for vege supplements, though I try to keep them in my diet as a minimum because they are unhealthy, but this one is one to miss.


But is it just me? Is it just this brand? Let me know if any of you have had a good experience with Vegetarian mince, or tell me if you had a bad one.


P.S. Served with brown pasta spirals, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment